Saturday 30 June 2012

Nostalgia Needs You!

It's Storytelling Sunday tomorrow! That's always my cue for a rallying Saturday call.

I love to scrapbook everyday stories. All that in-the-moment stuff. You'll often find me thinking about what we had to eat last night, or how much homework took up how many hours last Thursday. But you also know how much I love to look back into the past. I look back and I remember the good stuff. And now I know why. I noted this down a while back and haven't had a chance to share it yet..

.."From our research we know that when people experience the emotion of nostalgia they have a heightened sense of positive mood, self-esteem, feelings of belonginess and a sense of meaning in life. In other words, nostalgia is good psychological medicine."
That's a psychologist talking; and it makes sense to me. So let's tell a few stories. I'm suggesting "unusual souvenirs" as a theme. But of course, stories on any subject at all are more than welcome.


Aah, nostalgia...

15 comments:

Jo said...

I'm sitting here, while the house sleeps, feeling very nostalgic because it's my daughter's 18th today and then I ready your blog! I have very mixed feelings right now, positive and emotional. Really hoping to join in with the storytelling tomorrow and may show off something I got 18 years ago :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I have a story from 8 years ago all cued up and ready to go.
Rinda

Kirsty.A said...

I'm ahead of the game this month and I'm ready to post - so sorry it isn't on the subject of souvenirs. but it is a set of memories I haven't blogged about before

Jo.C said...

Smiling at the Smiths - they were a bit too far out for me - preferred Paul Young, Erasure or Depeche Mode. Now that is a mixed combo. In process of transferring some of my tapes to digi :0)

Lou said...

The Smiths weren't for me either lol!! I've ahead of myself too and already prepared my story for tomorrow. I'll have to save unusual souvenirs for next time! xx

Irene said...

Aah, I love a good bit of sentimentality. In it's true sense of the word. Haven't seen one of those tapes in a while.
And, quite by chance, my story for tomorrow relates to many souvenirs. Looking forward to some enjoyable reads tomorrow.

debs14 said...

I'd already written my post for tomorrow and it doesn't relate to a souvenir in the normal sense of the word. However, it was something I did bring back with me from a journey so I guess it may qualify!

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Most of my Smiths tapes were copied (which is naughty)from friends and have their writing on the inserts (which is lovely)so although I can no longer play them, I couldn't possibly part with them.

Melissa said...

I have my post for tomorrow all ready! I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's stories as we have a pretty quiet day around here tomorrow!

Susan said...

Excellent choice of music, and being on cassette tape they do have a definite air of nostalgia about them! (Mine are all on CD.)

Ladkyis said...

My story is a hand-me-down. It is my Dad's story really, but it is such a good one - about the step-mother and the nun.

Susanne said...

My story is written and my layout has been scrapped! And yes nostalgia is good for the soul.

Lisa-Jane said...

I may have to pinch that information, its VERY important to me right now. I think I might have to join you tomorrow, for the first time!

Missus Wookie said...

lol 'cause I'm here for a link... and the Smiths reference made me laugh. Yeah, I know the music wasn't exactly jolly but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out why!

Anonymous said...

That's weird - I didn't read this until after I'd posted my story and it does have a souvenir in it. Now my only trouble is finding a way of fitting it (8 1/2 x 14)on a layout. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails