Thank you everyone for weighing in on Wednesday with your thoughts on blogging! You know, when I published that post I was pleased with it. It said what I wanted to say. And then, about two hours later, I realised that I'd made a bad mistake..
Not everyone who reads blogs writes a blog of their own. I ought to have remembered this. maybe the question I should have been asking was - what does blog reading do for you? Because it's certainly true that I read for two years before I started to write, and I saw figures for it somewhere recently: averagely speaking, a third of your readers will blog and the other two thirds won't, I think it said. So I especially want to thank one of my "readers-not-bloggers", Susan, for dropping by to leave a comment and I'd love to hear from anyone else who does the same thing.
I have other loose ends from Wednesday, and several posts before, to catch up with today:-
- Helen asked if I knew anything more about the schoolgirl who was raising money to feed students in Africa. She's Martha, she blogs at Neverseconds and she raise money for Mary's Meals. I think she's a star!
- Lisa-Jane wanted to know if I had ever got round to trying to cut tracing paper with my Slice. Yes, here it is. You can see that the cuts are perfectly crisp and it gives a good impression of fancy vellum die cuts. The only precaution I took was to doubly make sure the tracing paper was well smoothed down onto the cutting mat.
- A couple of weeks back I was asked if we still had Gary the Magnificent, our hamster. Yes! Gary is coming up to his second birthday, and we know that's a good age for a hamster. His fur has always been a perfect sandy shade, but now we can see little flecks of grey and we understand that time is moving on..but for now he is fighting fit.
- My Photo365 photos: I've been asked if I'm still taking a photo day. Yes! I still check the blog every day for the prompt, but I've discovered that if I don't blog the results it leaves me more free to take really personal photos. We'll be up to number 300 very soon.
- The sweater I was knitting? Turned out I did need to buy an extra ball of wool in the end, just to make the collar look really good. So It's not quite finished just yet.
- If you were thinking of having a go at the Sketchbook365 sketch challenge with the sketch from my page - you have another week to add your link. It's been a lot of fun seeing the entries come in and thank you to everyone who has made the design their own!
- I didn't get a good chance in Wednesday's post to thank everyone who joined in with Storytelling Sunday this month. Thank you! It's always a great one when we have someone new - hello to KathiJo, please drop by and give her a welcome! And if you haven't had a chance to catch up with all the stories yet or even to add yours to the list - this weekend would suit just fine..
..have a great one!