Friday 26 April 2013

National Stationery week: Tell Someone Your News

...with a neat trick I discovered recently. It's a newspaper clipping generator and you can find it at fodey.com. Feed in a snatch of a story, add a headline and you quickly end up with your very own news story. But be warned:  it's kind of addictive; and that's before you even take a look at the clapper board generator or the wizard text or..

I've been thinking of lots of ways of using my news for papercrafting:

This app creates a personalised newspaper clipping

- personalised cards, first of all. This is a quick story about that nephew of mine, Little E. I could make a page about it (I probably will); but this turned out to be a great way to record it and send to his Mum

- journaling on a layout. It's definitely eyecatching..

- journaling on a layout when you don't have a photo. Here I printed it out onto Kraft to make my card, but I also printed it onto photo paper in case I wanted to scrapbook it.

- postcards. Again, simply printed onto photo paper

- personalised gift tags. I can see them now: "News just in: Uncle Dave has found his wallet and discovered Christmas shopping. Open here for the surprise of your life.."


This app generates your own newspaper clippings

Big Tip: Check the date you want to add before using the generator. That strategically placed embellishment cluster? It's there for a reason. ..

That's fodey.com. Try it. I think you'll like it!

31 comments:

Amy said...

Goodness, you do find the most fascinatingly wonderful things Sian! I'm almost afraid to click on the link!

Julie Kirk said...

That looks like a lot of fun! And I love the card you made with it.

Little E stories are always a welcome sight too.

Off to pin ...

[p.s: your link at the end needs changing.]

[p.p.s: almost wrote 'your bottom link' but thought better of it.]

scrappyjacky said...

I really wonder how you come across these amazing sites,Sian....are you constantly trawling!!
Love the Little E card [and the story!!].

helena said...

I love the idea of using them for gift tags - is it too early to be thinking of xmas tags ?!

Always loved personalisted newspaper stories - I had a front page created for me as a gift when I was a teenager - I was so proud of it.

Alana said...

Brilliant!!! Love the tricky question. I had to fend off a few when our school had chicks hatching.....it all got a bit difficult when they want to know why some hatch and some don't:0 Great idea to use on cards....

Nathalie said...

What a great find!!! You used it very well too by making this keepsake for Little E 's mum :) The title definitely made me read the rest :D

Lea Lacoste said...

this is so awesome! I've always wanted to write for a newspaper, guess that dream is gonna come true ;)

Abi said...

This is so cute. I am going to have to have a play around. xxx

debs14 said...

How do you find these things? Brilliant!
Love the Little E stories, he's such a character.

alexa said...

That's a neat little programme and perfect for your theme this week. Very nicely styled with your pretty cord pinny :).

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I couldn't wait to try the newspaper clipping, and I had to come back and tell you how much I loved it! This would be so great for a birthday card front!

I LOVE Little E's eyeball story. Haha - so cute!

Mary B said...

thats brilliant Little E is a great source of wonderful expressions

Susanne said...

Oh, this is perfect for a layout I was going to start on with a picture from just this week. Brilliant find, Sian! And brilliant idea to use it for cards too - yours is adorable. I'm off to clip my own article.

Becky said...

Love Little E's story :)

Barbara Eads said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that!!! I love your newsflash too.

Jimjams said...

Great story, a gorgeous card and a fab link - thanks!
Apologies for being a BAD commenter recently ... next month will be better, I promise!

Karen said...

You find the coolest things---and then create even more cool projects! Thanks for the link; off to check it out.

Sandie said...

Wow! That sounds such fun. Well done for finding it Sian and thank you for sharing, off to find out more!

Unknown said...

That is very, very cool!

Cheri said...

Little E is just too funny, but the way you've captured his story is awesome! I've starred the post so I can come back later and check it out.

Anonymous said...

Oh is that ever neat! I'll have to give it a try. It's perfect for the twins announcement.

Sandra said...

such a great find :)

Susan said...

Another great Little E story. That little boy is VERY entertaining! Thanks for the link to fodey.com. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the wisdom of Little E - he will go far that young man.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Boookmarked this and can't wait to give it a go. I think it will be perfect for sports pages.
Rinda

Beverly said...

Another great discovery by Sian, so glad you find and share this cool sites with us. Love Little E stories, you couldn't make up these treasures :)

Ruth said...

Is there anything more perfect than this? I think Little E and The Boy Child would make great mates.

Missus Wookie said...

What a fun find - can see lots of fun with this :)

Jo said...

You always find the best things! That Little E story has really made me laugh :)

Lou said...

you always find such fun things for us all to try out. love this and plan to spend some time making news x thank you for sharing...I would never in a million years found this on my own x

Jo Murray said...

That's so cool...thanks for the link.

Related Posts with Thumbnails