Wednesday 25 June 2014

Psst, Pass it On..It's the Pile Of Postcards Exchange


...prepared to post? Then please pull out your pen!


So hey-ho I have a few more days on crutches yet. I was sitting this morning, trying to come up with a cunning and diverting plan for the next week or so, when a card dropped through my letterbox. A postcard from my blogging friend Miriam! Thank you! I propped it up on the kitchen shelf and starting thinking to myself..it's the Summer holidays here and time was, that meant lots of postcards landing on the doormat. We never ventured very far from home when I was little, but we used to send postcards. And we used to receive lots in return: from my Grandparents at the seaside, from school friends who might have made it as far as Spain, from my aunt, the Geography teacher who travelled the world over. I saved them all in an old style scrapbook (and I wrote about it here for Storytelling Sunday). For years I tried to keep up the habit. But the number of my friends and family who post has dwindled. Have you found the same?

Let's do something about it! Let's send some cards! Maybe it isn't Summer where you are? Postcards are good any time of the year! If you are joining in with Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt, you might have already taken a photo of a rack of postcards..how about running back and picking up a handful? Or keeping your eye out when you're out on a trip this weekend? Oh go on, please say you're in! It's been over a year since we did the Great Big Swap of Very Small Things, let's have another go....

Here's how it will work

If you'd like to take part, please email me before the end of June. Last day to sign up is Monday 30th. If you took part in my previous swap I'll already have your address so you don't need to include it. Newcomers are very, very welcome - if you haven't swapped here before I'd love to have you join us. Please get in touch, though I'd welcome a "like" on Facebook, or you could follow me, just so I know who you are if you'd like to jump in (and please do)! In the first week of July I'll send you the names and addresses of six postcard fanciers for you to mail to. It's an international swap, so you might have to post abroad, but I'll make sure everyone has a fair spread of stamp costs and I'll try to send you a name or place to intrigue you. The rest is up to you! Send cards from your own area, or from somewhere special you've been, write about your plans for the next couple of months, or sketch out a dream holiday, whatever you like. You have all of July to get your cards in the mail. Does that sound like a plan? I do hope so. Summer is always better with postcards (so I'm keeping my fingers crossed)....

Any questions, please just get in touch. 


This swap comes to you with grateful thanks to Miriam, whose card started it all

37 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a great idea. Yes please. I'm in!

Barbara Eads said...

Count me in! Perfect timing as we head to the Smoky Mountains this weekend!

Ruth said...

Me, me, me! This is one swap I can't ignore!

Abi said...

Ooh that sounds so fun! Count me in Sian! xx

Linda said...

Sounds fun! Off to email you:)

Nathalie said...

Sign me up Sian! In the name of tradition and my old grandpa who still keeps it alive :)

scrappyjacky said...

Great idea,Sian....I still send some postcards when I'm away for 2 weeks....though even then I'm sometimes home before the card.
Count me in.

debs14 said...

Please add me to the list!
I remember when writing your cards was an integral part of the holiday. What a great idea for a swap!

Susanne said...

I just finished putting a few thinking of you cards in the mail, so I am definitely in the mood for a postcard swap. Bring it on, count me in.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Sian ~ I'm in! Thanks for putting this together. :o)

stephanie said...

Sounds good! I'm in

Sheena said...

yes please x

helena said...

yes, yes, love postcards - sending and receiving

Becky said...

Oh yes please! Count me in :)

Karen said...

Another fabulous idea! Count me in!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh this sounds like fun Sian! I'm in! Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you are back to being mobile very soon. In the meantime, knit on! :)

Lea Lacoste said...

YES! awesome idea!

Lou said...

fab idea...and as much as i'd love to join in i'm going to have to pass this time sob sob. I'll look forward to seeing all the postcards pop up in blog land later on x

Sandra said...

I'm in ... I'm in :) what a fun idea. I'll drop you an email to confirm if you wish too

It's such a shame that not many postcards are sent these days, it was always exciting when someone sent one from a distant land

Larry said...

Hello! Love the idea do count me in too! PS hope the foot is healing ok and the (not so) small one is enjoying her freedom from her studying!

KraftyKaren said...

Sounds great fun - would love to join in with this. We so rarely get postcards these days so it will be lovely to send some and get some in return x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm definitely in! Paul is known for sending post cards when we travel. Since we're not going anywhere, this will fill the bill. Rinda (who didn't know you were on Facebook but will check it out)

Cate Brickell said...

I would love to participate! We're heading away in a couple of weeks, perfect postcard-purchasing opportunity!

Miriam said...

Oooh yes please I would love 6 new addresses for my year long adventure in posting snail mail. Thanks for the mention x

Lizzie said...

This sounds fun! Yes please! I'm off on my hols at the beginning of July, so I could send some nice cards then!
:-)
I will go and look for your e-mail address now...

Anonymous said...

I'm in. I must have missed the cause of the crutches somehow. Hope you're feeling better.

Jess said...

Ooh yes please I'd like to join in x

Mrsjobee said...

As a child I collected postcards - I wonder what happened to them all. I would love to join in please.

furrypig said...

Yes please Sian I would love to join in .... as you know I sent off a load of postcards back in February and it was great fun... do I need to email too or is this enough?

alexa said...

Oooh, yes, please, Sian! What a lovely idea ...

Unknown said...

Yes, please Sian, i'll email you. Great idea!

Cheri said...

I'm in! :)

ally said...

Hi sian. I would love to join in.

Julia said...

I still have my childhood postcard albums and for a while dd did the same with hers from places we visited on holidays and days out. Would love to join in!

Unknown said...

Would love to participate!

Sinead said...

I'd love to join in too Sian! What a brilliant idea - I love postcards :D I'm going to email you to confirm and with my address now. Thanks xx

Anonymous said...

I have got to keep more up to date - just look what I missed out on. Dang! Hope it all went well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails