Friday 11 December 2015

December Memories Album: Driving On

It's crisp here today, and bright, and it's starting to feel more than a little like Christmas might be nearly upon us. We're hoping to put up our tree tomorrow: hurray! It's the scent I look forward to so much: that first hit as we drive home with the tree in the boot of the car.  There's just one thing I have to do before we can get decorating..

From High In The Sky: December Memories

and it was gently pointed out to me last night that I'd need to set aside quite a bit of time in which to do it. And soon. The problem? All my December album supplies are spread out on the floor directly beneath the hatch into the attic. And of course we need to get into the attic to find the tree decorations.  If the ladder comes down now, though... 

So I'll be tidying this afternoon. Not putting it away, you understand: it'll be more of a relocation exercise. Where? Your guess is as good as mine. Room for a little one, anyone?

I've been enjoying this album. It's the first time I've used cards and a Snap Binder like this; and you know, I think I'm going to find it hard to stop. I might have to get another one, maybe for the holidays?

Here are my latest pages. The first is a "remembering" spread, about this weekend last year, when we held a fundraising coffee morning. The second

From High In The Sky: December Memories

includes the Planner Pages I have turned into a diary, and a note about our Learner Driver taking and passing her Driving Theory Test yesterday. Onwards, then, and upwards! She'll have to think about applying for the rest of the test soon.

From High In The Sky: December Memories

Filling in last weekend here:

From High In The Sky: December Memories

Most of my photos I've been taking on my phone and printing out two onto one 6x4 canvas with my selphy printer. But I realised I needed to mix it up a bit too; so Big Robin was pressed into service. He usually makes an appearance round about this time of year! I added his words straight onto my photo with picmonkey and did the same thing again with this older photo:

From High In The Sky: December Memories
the "making and baking" stamp is from the Gossamer Blue kit
She liked to bake then and she still likes to bake now: this week she iced cookies with a musical theme for her Music Society party. Christmas music! That'll be next. After the tidy up. Or maybe before. I bet I could fit in a quick story before I start...

16 comments:

Ruth said...

Do I spy Little E in a Christmas jumper? Too cute! When I next come to visit, I shall be wanting to get my hands on this album ...

Becky said...

Looks like it is turning into a wonderful album. Well done on the theory pass :)

Sandra said...

Well done on passing her theory ... Exciting times. I have to say, your album is looking a,pmazing ... Oh and please feel free to store your Christmas stash and album at mine. Honestly no problem at all, I'm sure it will be safe lol

Melissa said...

Such a great mixture of photos and stories, new & old!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Your memory album looks terrific! Those Snap binders really are the bomb! My next mini uses a 6x4 Snap binder. Have fun tree decorating. We put ours up today. No real tree for us though. Makes Rob sneeze. I really miss the beautiful aroma.

Lizzy Hill said...

BRILLIANT! Love the Christmas reds in there & the way you've really 'mixed it up'...loving seeing this come together. Can't wait to see your Christmas tree in all its glory. Mine's a couple of inches high. Fake. On my grandmother's china cabinet. To each his own, eh???!!!

Mitralee said...

oh my goodness...my turn is coming....It's 16 here when you start all that driving business and she is counting the days...a little less than a year off! I keep telling my friends with little kids how fast it goes and I don't think they believe me...have fun with your tree! Ours has been up for a while, but the youngest who vacuums requested a fake one so less needles...one should never argue when someone is vacuuming and it's not you, right?

Karen said...

Love how this is all coming together. Congrats to passing the theory test. Now comes the fun part!

Barbara Eads said...

We are breaking records here with a high of 74 today. Too warm to have a fire, but at least the decorating is done! You have your work cut out for you. Perhaps you can find a little spot to stack all of your supplies. I'm looking forward to seeing your tree!

Maggie said...

Well done on her passing her theory test and good luck with the next bit. My girl has failed one practical and has her second in Feb.... I spy as well a university offer there which is good. All rather stressful here because she has to have interviews first.

Jo said...

It all looks so deliciously amazing! Well done to her for passing her theory test x

KraftyKaren said...

The album is really coming together - loving seeing it progress

Cheri said...

Don't you just hate it when you have a process going and then have to pack it all up and move? Doesn't seem to have slowed down your progress - the album looks great!

scrappyjacky said...

It's looking great....and now it's December....I'm enjoying christmas music.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your DD Sian!

Missus Wookie said...

Baking is fun - I like this little album. We started one last year but not done anything on it this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails