Monday 11 July 2016

Memorandum Monday

Monday! It's good to see you this week because that means I'm a day away from our public holiday here. Time to put our feet up and make plans. It was a good weekend.

Why do I always have my sleeves pushed up when I have my picture taken?

Any weekend with a visitor (or two) is one to be enjoyed; and yesterday we had the absolute pleasure of opening our big black front door to the delightful Alexa (from Trimming the Sails) and her charming husband. We had a lovely hour together and we all enjoyed their company as we chatted about travel plans and work and scrapbooking, of course, and, yes, socks might have been mentioned too. 

So I guess that means my "first" this weekend was meeting Alexa's other half. Thanks for making time in your flying visit, you two: we really appreciate it!

But I've mentioned socks, so I can shoehorn in something I'm going to join for the first time. This time last year I hadn't discovered Winwick Mum's blog and I didn't know I was missing the fun that was the 2015 Yarndale Sock Line. It's happening again this year and you can read all about this charity sock knit right here. I'll be knitting a pair and sending them off: the closing date is 12th September, so I'll be dropping my sweater and picking up my sock yarn again some day very soon.

So what's new with you? Do anything for the first time? Learn anything you didn't know before? Care to share? Go on: make a memo, then we'll all know!

HelenaEileen, Mary-Lou, Fiona, Maggie, Deb, KraftyKaren and Mitra shared a memo last week..please drop by and wish them a good start to Monday. Now next week I'll be taking a break and I won't be around. But that doesn't mean you aren't more than welcome to make a memo and give us a glimpse into what you've been up to. I'll catch up with just as soon as I can! Have a good week.

23 comments:

alexa said...

And it was an absolute pleasure on our part too, Sian! Thank-you so much for a delightful hour with you and your lovely daughter and husband :). You have almost persuaded me in recent months to think about sock-knitting and the thought of doing it for charity might just give me the push I need!

helena said...

what a lovely idea to display socks then pass them on. My your daughter looks tall beside you and Alexa - such a lovely trio of happy faces - have a good week

Lizzy Hill said...

Lovely photo... sleeves rolled up or no! And enjoy your break & good luck with the knitting sox again :)!!!

Karen said...

It's so much fun to open a blog post and see TWO blogging friends together ILR! Lucky you!

Winwick Mum said...

It will be lovely to have you join in with the Yarndale Sock Line, thank you! It was brilliant to be able to hand over so many pairs of socks last year to people who needed to know that someone else had been thinking about them, even if they would never meet. Glad you had a happy weekend! xx

Ruth said...

Yay, I do love to read about blog friends meeting up! And I particularly like this one, because I have stood in the exact same spot as Alexa!

Susanne said...

Fabulous snapshot, how fun for you to meet up again with Alexa and her plus one. And I was a sleeve-pusher-upper too, until I finally realized I should buy 3/4 sleeves instead of long ones for the spring and fall.

Maggie said...

I like the idea of a sock bunting and a worthwhile cause afterwards. Great to meet up with Alexa.

Melissa said...

How FUN that you got to spend time with Alexa!!!

Hope you enjoy your break and are celebrating our birthday month. :)

I have a post up today but didn't think it fit the Memorandum Monday meme.)

Jennifer Shaw said...

Glad you had a great visit. Knitting socks for charity sounds terrific. Looks like you still have rain. :(

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I always love seeing photos of blog friends together. How lovely! So happy that you had that time with Alexa and her hubby. Have a great week, Sian! xo

Patio Postcards said...

What a lovely meet up you all had. You ladies look as charming as you write :)

Glad The Accountant liked my attitude discovery ... happy week ahead.

Jo said...

That is a really lovely photo, it's always great to meet up with other bloggers x

debs14 said...

My goodness, that not so small one is getting not so smaller every time I see a picture of her!
How lovely to meet up with Alexa, what a lovely photo x

Sandra said...

As soon as I saw this photo it bought a big smile to my face. How lovely to meet up with blogging friends xx

KraftyKaren said...

How lovely to be able to meet up with a blogging friend, good luck with knitting your socks for a good cause. And have a great break whatever you get up too x

Jane said...

how lovely meeting up like that, will check out that link.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a lovely picture of the three of you!
xx

Mel said...

Oh I love Alexa she's one of my most loyal followers! Glad you had a great weekend.

Mitralee said...

oh how lovely! hope you had a nice visit! And I would imagine your sleeves are rolled up because you just got to work making tea maybe? or something involving cookies?????

Cheri said...

So glad it worked out for you to meet up with Alexa. Sorry I'm going to miss you on my trip, still keeping my fingers crossed that I might meet Alexa!

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah for meet ups and socks for charity sound like a wonderful reason to knit.

As a woman who usually has her sleeves rolled/pushed up, when I see them in a photo I just smile and figure it's captured the 'real me'. :)

Lisa said...

i adore this photo of the three of you - what simply happy smiles. Isn't it special to meet up with other creatives in real life. I added three new "real" meets to my list this year. Oh, and I'm definitely a sleeve roller uper. In fact, most of my cardigans now have stretched cuffs. It's a habit....

Related Posts with Thumbnails